This is a dish that will change your mind about eggplants. The eggplant is savory and buttery! I haven't had anyone turn down this dish when I serve it, even for those who don't like eggplant! The secret is how you cook the eggplants, and the sauce that I created! Give it a try, and you will know why I'm so confident that you (and your family/guests) are going to devour this dish within minutes!
- Eggplant (cut into chunks) x 3-4 *
- Oil (generous amount for the size of your own wok/pot/pan)
- Garlic (minced) x 4-5 cloves
- Green Onion (finely chopped) x 3
- Cilantro (finely chopped) x 1.5 cups
- Oyster Sauce x 1.5 tbsp
- Soy Sauce x 2.5 tbsp
- Sesame Oil x 1tbsp
- Heat up the oil to 325 degree F.
- To make the sauce, in a bowl, mix garlic, cilantro, green onion, oyster sauce, and soy sauce together. Stir to make sure it's well mixed. Then add in sesame oil at the end, and let it sit.
- Deep fry eggplant with medium heat for 5 minutes until soft.
- Prepare a plate lined with some paper towel.
- Take out the eggplant and lay it on the plate of paper towel; let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- Plate the eggplant and drizzle the sauce on top of it evenly.
- Get ready to fall in love with eggplant all over again! Watch me Cooking Live on FB via Youtube