Who doesn't love some yummy Fish & Chips?! Juicy and tender fish with a crispy and crunchy crust! This recipe is a lighter, gluten-free version of the traditional deep fried fish. What I like is that the crispy crust doesn't separate from the fish when you bite into it. This way, all the amazing textures and flavors are one, integrated experience! And don't even let me get started about my super delicious, Asian-inspired Aioli sauce. It's full of flavor, but still very light and refreshing. You can use it for almost anything! We even dip our fries in it, and even use on sandwiches or burgers! YUM!!!!
- Black Cod x
- Corn Starch x 1 cup
- Egg x 2
- Egg yolk x 1
- Extra virgin olive oil x 100 ml
- Lime juice x 1 + ½ tbsp
- Palm sugar x 1 ¼ tsp
- Garlic x 1-2 cloves (minced)
- Fish sauce x ¾ tbsp
- Cilantro stems x 6-8
- Black pepper
- Lightly season the black cod with salt & black pepper. Let is sit for 15 mins.
- While waiting for the fish to marinate, starting making the aioli sauce. Using an electric beater, mix together egg yolk and 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Slowly drip extra virgin olive oil into the yok and lime juice mixture, taking breaks in between to make sure the oil you add is well incorporated.
- Add in ½ tbsp lime juice, palm sugar, garlic, fish sauce, cilantro stems, then give it another whisk to make sure all seasonings are well blended.
- Beat up 2 eggs as your egg wash. Dip your marinated fish into the egg wash, then coat it with corn starch. Set aside.
- Heat up oil in a frying pot/pan/wok to 350F. Add the breaded fish into the oil in 2 batches. Fry until golden brown. Take it out and place on a rack to get rid of the excess oil.
- Plate the fried fish and the aioli sauce. Voila!
What I use in the video:
Black Cod from Crowd Cow : https://bit.ly/3qKrFVZ < Use the link for $25 credits, no code needed >
Fish sauce : https://amzn.to/3tp9cjA
Palm sugar : https://amzn.to/2OvxUQH
Outfit from Smith and Vena : http://bit.ly/3kQIldn 20% off with code < ChiaChia >
FB : https://bit.ly/3qAD22B
IG @chiachiasqueendom : https://bit.ly/3bu4r1T
YouTube : http://bit.ly/3rT2xhm