If you think hard boiled eggs are boring, you need to think again! This will bring back many Taiwanese memories. You can get this Tea-Marbled Eggs at any convenient store, such as 7-11 in Taiwan. Everyone in Taiwan has this memory of feeling hungry in the middle of the night but don't really want to go far, we will go downstairs, cross the street to a convenient store and buy a hot Tea-Marbled eggs that just comfort our stomach and our hearts! It is SUPER EASY to make at home! Just crack your boiled eggs into a bath of Tea infused broth, and braise in slow cooker for a few hours. There! you got yourself some quick grab and go breakfast, or delicious delicately savory protein snacks! It's tasty to eat hot or cold! Remember, the longer the eggs sit in the broth, the more flavorful it will get.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs x 15-20 pcs
- Black Tea x 1 tbsp
- Star Anis x 1
- Szechuan Pepper corn x 1 tbsp
- Monk Fruit Seeds x 2-3 ( if you don't have monk fruit seeds, you can substitute with 1.5 tbsp sugar )
- Water x 1500ml
- Soy Sauce x 1.5 cup
Gently rinse all the hard boiled eggs, then gently crack each egg a couple times.
- Add all the ingredients, including the cracked eggs into a slow cooker.
- Set temp on high and cook for 3-4 hours.
- When it's done, turn the slow cooker off. Option to leave the eggs in the broth for a few more hours up to over night. Done!